New seasons bring new cars and crossovers and among a long fantastic line up of cars, the 2018 Cadillac XT5 is surely the cherry on top. With a host of new features and advancements in technology, this new automobile is sure to take the breath away. It is stylish; it is elegant and above all, it is modern. This car is certain to turn quite a few heads when it will hit the streets.
2018 Cadillac XT5: New Features and Styling
Compared to the current model, the 2018 Cadillac XT5 is going to be lighter, thanks to its new chassis. Sharp bends and curves are probably one of the first things that catch everyone’s eyes. Visibility has been improved by larger size windows of toughened glass. To get desired rigidity and collision resistance, the body is made up of four grades of steel. Rubber isolation of the rear cross member and the main cradle provide NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) at bay.
Some other external features include:
- Hood and side surfaces have artistic furrows
- Front grille has the brand’s new shield badge
- Slender roofing columns
- Doors with connected mirrors
- New quarter mirrors at the base of windshield.
Vertically adapted taillights and LED face lighting selection will make the Cadillac visible even from a block away. The view of the rearview mirror can be tripled by incorporating a HD rearview video clip feed. This is optional and is added if the buyer wants it.
Coming inside, the 2018 Cadillac XT5 is lavishly clad in leather. The chairs, dash, console and door panel are all made of leather. Natural leather, suede, timber, aluminum, and carbon fiber has been used to make some of the surfaces which oomph up the interior. Hard plastic boards are now fewer in amount, and the position is listed as knee degree.
Instead of a tablet computer or purse, there is a digital shifter launch room in the console. Other interior features include:
- Common energy plugs
- USB plugs
- Inductive phone charger
- SIGN infotainment range has a faster CPU – providing Apple CarPlay as well as Android connectivity.
The finest work in the Cadillac is the versatile back seat. Splitting into 40/20/40 sections, the chair high perch gets folded, thereby helping in transporting packages. Limo-like comfort (for two) is provided by the all-time low pillow slide fore and aft 5.5 inches along with the backrest which turns twelve levels in five steps. There is enough feet space around the back seats.
- 2018 Cadillac XT5 will be equipped with 3.6L V6 engine
- The engine has a new DOHC 24-valve direct-injected concept that provides a smoother ride
- The unit will produce 310 HP of power.
- Variable shut off time, vehicle stop-start innovation, and cylinder shutdown makes its engine more potent
- Fuel economy has increased 15% compared to its present model
- Eight-speed automated for its front and all-wheel drive system
Expected Price and Arrival
The 2018 Cadillac XT5 will get a starting price of $39,990. Higher models are supposed to get greater figures and are expected to have a peak at $65,835. The interesting SUV will arrive sometime in 2017, possibly in the second half of the year.