One of the most famous brands around the world is back with the intention to bring the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander. It will receive a number of significant changes. This vehicle will get a fresh look which will be highlighted by its emerging grille – one of many things to excite its buyers.
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander: Changes and Features
The 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander will be available in four trim levels: ES, SE, SEL and GT. Four-wheel drive will be available in the GT, optional in the ES as well as SEL. According to some automobile experts, it has been predicted that new features in this SUV will include: 18-inch alloy wheels, LED running lights along with taillights, fog lights with the option of them being LED, body color side mirrors along with integrated turn signals, black and silver roof rails, sunroof, power lift gate, power folding side mirrors, and front and rear car parking sensing units.
Interior features of 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander will be high in its quality. A smooth, subtle look has been given to the dash. A polished soft touch material covering matches the supple trim on door panels. Other exciting features on this vehicle will include:
1. Class competitive infotainment features having common voice control and 6.1-inch touchscreen interface
2. Navigation system will be optional and provided with a larger screen
3. Sloping and sliding second-row seats will provide higher comfort and generous comfortable space
4. New third row seats will increase flexibility and comfort
5. 10.3 cubic feet behind third-row seats, 34.2 cubic feet behind second-row seats and 63.3 cubic feet with both rows folded down for the cargo space
6. Folding second-row seats have been made streamlined. This is to ensure that headrests are not removed.
7. Bluetooth phone along with sound connection will get upgraded features
8. Six-speaker sound system with a CD player as well as USB port will be updated
9. Automatic climate control system
10. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel which will be wrapped in leather
Engine and Safety
The new Outlander will be equipped with a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine. It can produce 166 HP of power and 162 lb-ft of torque which is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) system. This engine enables the vehicle to go from 0 – 60 mph in 9.2 seconds.
Higher models will get a 3.0L V6 engine generating 215 lb-ft of torque and 224 HP of power. All-wheel drive along with conventional 6-speed automated transmission system has also been included. This engine takes this vehicle from 0 – 60 mph in 7.6 seconds.
The crossover SUV will get a number of safety features, and some them are:
1. Grip and security control
2. Hill start assist
3. Automatic headlights
4. Automatic wipers
5. Flexible cruise ship control
6. Lane departure caution
7. Forward crash mitigation system
Price and Arrival
The 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander will not be available before the second half of 2017. The price for the base model will be around $23,400 and will peak at $31,500 for the range-topping trim.